1. Install Portara msi by double clicking the downloaded file.
2. Upon launching Crude Oil and British Pound will self extract.
3. Go to Tools | Force A Database Index and Run with default settings.
4. Go to Update Manager and run your initial updates with default settings.
5. Open Roll Manager select BP and CL and run with default settings (You can explore options later)
6. Open Compression Manager Daily, Right-click on the middle grid and select “Trading Blox Daily” template and Apply it.
7. Go to Tools |Advanced Column Formatter and select “Unadjusted Close” and save it.
8. Select BP and CL and run it with default settings. Close the Compression manager Daily.
9. Open Compression manager Intraday, Right-click on the middle grid and select “Trading Blox RTH Daily” template and Apply it.
10. Go to Tools |Advanced Column Formatter and select “Unadjusted Close” and save it.
11. Click the button “Setup Session Times” and change BP and CL start and end times to any times that suit you. Save and close this window.
12. Select BP and CL and run it with default settings. Close the Compression Manager Intraday.
13. Automatically create a FuturesInfo.txt file for Trading Blox based upon the data you have just created. Select “Tools” on the main Portara UI then select “Trading Blox – Create FuturesInfo.txt File” choose any options you want and click Create.
14. Run Trading Blox, go to Edit->Preferences and under the Data Folders and Options, change the Futures Data Path to C:\Portara Data\Futures\ The FuturesInfo.txt file should be found. IMPORTANT: Select NO when the MessageBox Appears.
15. On the main Blox UI go to Edit | Futures Dictionary. Select the “Folder” button and change the Data Dictionaries path to C:\Portara Data\Futures\, and click ok.
16. Now watch the “Out-Of-The-Box” video on the main page for basic use and read Portara Help Files thoroughly.